Waterhouse brace for tough game

first_imgTwo-time national champions Waterhouse FC are in a must-win situation when they face-off against Portmore United on match-day 31 in the Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) at Juici Park,Clarendon, tomorrow, starting at 3:30 p.m.Waterhouse are sitting in the cellar position in the 12-team league on 28 points from 30 games and find themselves in a tense fight to avoid relegation.With three games remaining in the preliminary stage, Portmore United lead on 57 points, followed by Montego Bay United (56) and defending champions Arnett Gardens (54) as the teams battling for the $1 million incentive awarded to the team that ends on most points.Portmore will be looking for maximum points against Waterhouse in order to continue their impressive run. On the other hand, Waterhouse’s season is on the line, so spectators could be in for a good game.”It is going to be a tough one, but we are up to the challenge on Sunday,” coach of Waterhouse Anthony Patrick said during the RSPL’s weekly press conference last Thursday at Red Stripe.”We have to stay disciplined. We are very confident as a team and training has been going well,” Patrick disclosed.Meanwhile, manager of Portmore United Clive Marshall says his team’s confidence his high following a sweep of Montego Bay United.”We needed back our confidence and it is coming at the right time. We prefer to have this level of confidence going to this stage,” Marshall said.Looking ahead to tomorrow’s game, Marshall added that: “We are fully aware that all games will be tough because teams have different objectives at this stage.”last_img read more


first_imgA man was cleared after a summons he was given for a fine was sent to the wrong address.A man who was pulled over by Gardaí for performing a dangerous driving manoeuvre – has had his case quashed after his summons was sent to the wrong address.Malcom Nash, of 66 Cluain Na Rí, Ballina, Co. Mayo appeared at Letterkenny District Court yesterday. However, he never paid the fine – because he claimed the summons was sent to the wrong address.On the 22nd of May, 2015, Garda Martin Gallagher observed Mr Nash driving dangerously and pulled him over.Garda Gallagher told the court, “I observed a motor vehicle overtake a second vehicle in front of me going round a corner.“The manoeuvre also took place on a continuous white line, and I then indicated for the vehicle to pull over.“I asked for the driver of the vehicle for his license, but he didn’t have it on him, I then asked for his name and address.“He told me his name was Malcom Nash, and that he lived at 67 Cluain Na Rí, Ballina, Co. Mayo.“However, there was no payment made on the fine issued.The defendant was then asked to take the stand and give evidence.Mr Nash told the court, “I don’t think it’s possible that I would’ve given the wrong address, as I lived at that residence for over ten years!“I can’t see how an error was made, I definitely told him I lived at 66 Cluain Na Rí.“He was very, very fair with me on the day, and I wouldn’t have given him the wrong address.”When asked did he receive the summons – he said he did not as he didn’t have a very good relationship with his neighbours.“Communication wouldn’t be great, I don’t want to be talking bad about my neighbours, but I wouldn’t have must interaction with the, I’d know them to see that’s all.”Judge Paul Kelly struck out the fine and dismissed the case.MAN CLEARED OF DANGEROUS DRIVING AFTER SUMMONS SENT TO WRONG ADDRESS was last modified: December 17th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtsdangerous drivingfineMalcolm NashMayonewssummonslast_img read more