The chairman of the Donegal County Board has urged fans to be patient saying “I think tickets will come.”Sean Dunnion told DonegalTV that the county board is disappointed with the allocation but he feels that more tickets will come into the county through various ways. Simply click on the video to view.COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – COUNTY CHAIRMAN PLEADS WITH FANS TO BE PATIENT FOR TICKETS was last modified: September 11th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTVdonegalGAASean Dunniontickets
The Uttar Pradesh government informed the Supreme Court on Thursday that it has filed a fresh status report on investigation in the Hapur lynching case, in which one person had lost his life last year. Filing of responseA Bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said that a copy of the status report be provided to the counsel appearing for the petitioners and they can file a response to it within a week. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the State, handed over a copy of the status report to advocate Vrinda Grover, who was representing the petitioners, in the court. “Copy of the status report filed in the court has been furnished to Vrinda Grover, counsel for the petitioners. She may file her response to the same within a week. List the matter on May 9,” said the Bench, also comprising Justices Deepak Gupta and Sanjiv Khanna. The court had on April 8 asked the State government to file a status report of the investigation in the case in which a person was killed and another brutally assaulted in the name of cow vigilantism in June last year. Probe supervisionThe apex court on September 5 last year directed the Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Meerut range to supervise the investigation in the Hapur lynching case. The State government had earlier told the court that it has transferred the SHO concerned and filed appeals seeking cancellation of bail granted to the accused in the case. The court had earlier termed the allegations of survivor Samiuddin as “serious”. It had directed the IGP to “facilitate the recording” of victim’s statement before a judicial magistrate regarding the incident in which 45-year-old Qasim Qureishi was beaten to death on June 18. The plea filed by Samiuddin had sought setting up of a Special Investigation Team to ensure “an impartial, competent and fair investigation” into the incident.
TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Photo credit & Press release: InterHealthCanada Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 18, 2017 – Minister of Implementation, Honourable Emmalin Pierre of Grenada conducted a tour of Cheshire Hall Medical Centre on Wednesday January 18th, 2017 in conjunction with a fact-finding mission on healthcare delivery in Turks and Caicos Islands as Grenada prepares to implement a National Healthcare Programme during the second half of 2017.Honourable Pierre was accompanied by Grenada’s NHI Coordinator, David Phillip. The tour was requested by TCI’s National Health Insurance Board and led by TCI Hospital’s Chief of Medical Services, Dr. Denise Braithwaite-Tennant. Minister Pierre also met with other healthcare stakeholders during her visit to Turks and Caicos from January 17th – 19th 2017. Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force #MagneticNewsMedia Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner
The Tottenham Hotspur manager loves the Netflix TV series and compares what happens in the show to what happens in footballTalking just before Tuesday’s match between Tottenham Hotspur and PSV Eindhoven, Spurs’ manager Mauricio Pochettino believes football is sometimes like House of Cards.The Netflix TV series is famously known for its crude shown of politics.“It’s a weird season but I look so happy now because the new season of House of Cards has started,” Pochettino told ESPN.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“Yesterday I watched three episodes.”“I learn a lot from this series. I recommend it. I think it represents very well sometimes how we are. Sometimes football is so political, and it’s going in this direction,” he added.“Which character am I? I don’t know, it’s difficult to say. It’s dangerous to say this or this one. It’s fiction but it can translate to many businesses.”
Another Mars rover bites the dust, but NASA’s not finished… 2 Now playing: Watch this: Buzz Aldrin wants us to go to Mars. Emma McIntyre/Getty For Buzz Aldrin, the moon is no longer enough. Aldrin, who, along with Neil Armstrong, walked on the moon during the landmark Apollo 11 mission 50 years ago, penned an op-ed in the Washington Post Wednesday, calling on Congress and President Donald Trump to get behind a serious effort to create a permanent human presence on Mars. “Human nature — and potentially the ultimate survival of our species — demands humanity’s continued outward reach into the universe,” Aldrin wrote.He’s not talking about “clever robots” or rovers, either. Aldrin said that as much as he appreciates NASA’s work on unmanned missions, it’s time Mars is explored by “by living, breathing, walking, talking, caring and daring men and women.”Plans for sending humans to Mars are on the drawing board at NASA and in the mind of entrepreneur Elon Musk. Although details are sketchy for now, NASA and the Trump administration have penciled in 2033 for when astronauts might make the first footprints on the red planet. Meanwhile, Musk sees a Mars base happening perhaps by 2028, and he has a vision for how a Mars colony could take shape.Aldrin thinks we need to establish permanent settlements on Mars, and fairly soon.”All of this is within reach for humans alive now, but it starts with a unified next step in space,” he wrote. Share your voice Tags Comments 6:31 Sci-Tech
AT&T 5G network has some of the fastest speeds we’ve… 7 13 Photos Now playing: Watch this: Samsung, LG, Motorola: How soon can we expect 5G phones? Tags Share your voice AT&T FCC Comments 9:40 Mobile Save me from robocalls, please. Angela Lang/CNET AT&T is now making its Call Protect fraud caller blocking service a default for its new mobile customers.If you’re an existing customer, don’t worry: The company says it’ll make this feature the default for you, too, in the coming months.AT&T said Tuesday it was able to make this change thanks to a ruling by the Federal Communications Commission last month that lets US carriers “aggressively block” unwanted robocalls, allowing them to turn on blocking features by default instead of as an opt-in service.This work comes amid growing a uproar from the federal government and customers over spam calls. The FCC has said that frustration has made robocalls the No. 1 complaint it receives from consumers, amounting to hundreds of thousands of grievances filed every year. The number of unwanted robocalls skyrocketed 46% from 2017 to 2018, according to caller ID service Hiya.For any existing AT&T customers interested in using Call Protect now, you can download the service as an app or turn it on through your MyAT&T account. The company has already rolled out a suspected spam caller alert for existing customers, too, and says it plans to add more tools to fight robocalls in the coming months.
Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) Arvind Subramanian has called for a rate cut that would boost investments to achieve the potential growth rate of 7-8%.Explaining the decline in inflation statistics, Subramanian stressed the need for the central bank to cut interest rates even before their next meeting scheduled for February 3, 2015.RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has repeatedly said that a rate cut would be in avail, if the fight against inflation continues to produce expected results. ReutersThe CEA noted that the private sector is saddled with high debt and therefore it is imperative to public investment to help shore up business climate in India.To keep inflation under control, the RBI has held rates at 8% since the year began. The wholesale price index declined to a five-and-a-half-year low of zero percentage a week ago.The second-quarter GDP growth for Asia’s third largest economy has slowed down to ₹14.39 lakh crore, or 5.3% year-on-year. The first-quarter witnessed 5.7%, signalling revival.Subramanium added it would be a challenge to restrict the fiscal deficit to 4.1%. He hinted at an expenditure cut in the range of ₹60,000 to ₹80,000 crore to keep the deficit under control, reports Livemint.The CEA expects India to post a growth rate of 5.5% in the current fiscal year, up from 4.7% last year, on the back of inflation control and better current account deficit management.
Katrina Kaif and Akshay KumarInstagramThe master of the art of teasing, director Rohit Shetty had introduced Akshay Kumar’s character Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officer Veer Sooryavanshi (his upcoming film titled by the same name) with a thunderous entry at the closing scene of Ranveer Singh starrer Simmba. It was being reported that the team was on the look out of the leading lady of the film and names likes Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif were one of the top contenders. And now the makers of the film have finally zeroed in on Katrina Kaif to star alongside Akshay Kumar in Sooryavanshi.”Yes Katrina Kaif has been locked for the role, and will be seen opposite Akshay in Sooryavanshi,” a source was quoted as saying by Bollywood Hungama.”Katrina and Akshay Kumar have shared screen space in films like Namastey London, Singh Is Kingg and Welcome, and everyone knows the chemistry between them. With this casting the makers of Sooryavanshi are looking at cashing in on this fact, especially since the two have not been seen together on screen for a while now. Also given the fact that Katrtina has featured in action films like Ek Tha Tiger and Tiger Zinda Hai, getting her on-board was an obvious choice since she has already proved herself adept at executing action sequences,” the source added.It was being reported that Rohit Shetty and Akshay Kumar had a slight tussle over the casting of female lead. Rohit Shetty wanted to cast some other actress for the part in the film but, Akshay Kumar, who has given a number of hit films with Katrina Kaif like Namastey London and Singh is King was adamant on Katrina being brought onboard. But now all of that has been put aside to focus on the film.On Friday, Rohit Shetty, at an award show, said that they will announce the female lead in next 2-3 days adding that the team will begin shooting for the film in the month of May. Sooryavanshi will be released in 2019.
People protesting against US President Donald Trump gather near the Tree of Life Congregation on 30 October in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Photo: AFPUS president Donald Trump visited Tuesday the Pittsburgh synagogue where 11 people were gunned down at the weekend in an anti-Semitic attack, as more than 1,500 protesters gathered nearby to make it clear the US president was unwelcome.Carrying signs that read “President Hate, Leave Our State!” and “Trump, Renounce White Nationalism Now,” the protesters gathered near the Tree of Life synagogue where the carnage unfolded Saturday.Trump — accompanied by his wife Melania, arrived in the late afternoon, and placed a white flower and a small stone on each star erected in memory of the dead at a makeshift memorial outside the Tree of Life.Trump’s daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner, who are Jewish, followed at a short distance, also pausing at each star.The first couple then entered the synagogue and lit candles in honour of each of those killed, the occasion punctuated by the still audible cries of protesters outside.The controversial visit came after mourners crowded into nearby synagogues and joined street processions at the first funerals for some of the victims of the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in modern US history.The service for brothers Cecil and David Rosenthal, both in their 50s, was the first in honor of those killed in what was an apparent hate crime.Services for 66-year-old doctor Jerry Rabinowitz and 71-year-old Daniel Stein followed in Pittsburgh, where scores of residents protested Trump’s visit.The president’s trip to Pennsylvania came amid a mounting row over whether his fierce rhetoric at campaign rallies and on Twitter has helped stoke extremism ahead of next week’s midterm elections.”It’s just enraging that this type of hate crime could occur here and that the leadership of our country does not denounce anti-Semitism and does not denounce white nationalism and does not denounce neo-Nazism,” mourner Joanna Izenson told AFP.Suspect Robert Bowers is facing more than two dozen charges related to the bloodshed at the Tree of Life, which is located in the city’s traditionally Jewish Squirrel Hill neighbourhood.The 46-six-year-old reportedly told police after his capture, “I just want to kill Jews,” having claimed on social media that Jews were helping transport caravans of refugees from Central America into the United States, calling the migrants “invaders.”The caravans are a favourite target of the president, and he has called a group of several thousand impoverished mainly Honduran migrants currently attempting to walk north to the United States “an invasion.”Beautiful tributeFriends and strangers alike packed the Rodef Shalom temple, a 25-minute walk from the Tree of Life, for the Rosenthals’ funeral, which took place under tight security.After the service, mourners spilled out onto the street, some of them sobbing and clasping each other.The brothers’ caskets were placed in two hearses and driven away, with a sheriff’s car leading the procession.”It was tragic, it was sad — it was a beautiful tribute to two wonderful, loving, innocent men,” said Paul Taylor, a Catholic priest who attended the service, which he said was “standing room only.”Another mourner, a retired teacher who only gave her first name Nancy, said: “I was finally able to cry.”Nearby, dozens of mourners walked behind the hearse carrying the remains of Rabinowitz in Squirrel Hill, according to footage posted on social media.Meanwhile, protesters gathered near the Tree of Life synagogue to vent their anger.”President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you fully renounce white nationalism.”Jeffrey Myers, a rabbi who was present when the attack started, told CNN: “The president of the United States is always welcome.”But protesters disagreed.”I think it’s more divisive than uniting,” 57-year-old librarian Nonie Heystek said of Trump’s visit.Christian rabbiThe Pittsburgh shooting spree came in the same week that authorities arrested an ardent Trump supporter from Florida on suspicion of mailing more than a dozen homemade bombs to opponents and critics of the president.The incidents have led to accusations that Trump has fanned violence through almost daily tweets and speeches lambasting illegal immigrants, political opponents and journalists in divisive language.Trump has struck back in typical fashion, arguing that critical journalists were in fact the ones feeding extremism across the country.Trump’s Pittsburgh visit is not the only element of the administration’s response to the massacre that has been a source of controversy.On Monday, vice president Mike Pence attended a campaign rally in Michigan at which a so-called “Christian rabbi” was invited to speak on behalf of the area’s Jewish community.Instead of opening with prayers for the 11 victims of the Tree of Life shooting, Loren Jacobs praised Jesus Christ and then offered prayers for four Republican candidates.Jews expressed outrage over social media, describing Jacobs’ appearance as an “insulting political stunt” and blasting Pence as a “Christian supremacist.”
Explore further More information: Through-Wall Tracking Using Variance-Based Radio Tomography Networks, Joey Wilson, Neal Patwari, arXiv:0909.5417© 2009 PhysOrg.com Image: arXiv:0909.5417. Cognitive radio helps guarantee reachability of emergency services (PhysOrg.com) — Researchers at the University of Utah, USA, have discovered that variations in signal strengths in wireless networks can be used to “see” movements of people on the other side of walls or doors. The scientists, Joey Wilson and Neal Patwari, detected movements by measuring the signal strength of the radio waves between the nodes of wireless network devices. The presence of people moving through the field is registered as a change in signal strength. The space is interrogated by many signals that are picked up by many receivers, and this allows a picture of the movement in the space to be built up. The technique is called variance-based radio tomographic imaging.Wilson and Patwari set up a 34-node network outside a living room in a house to test the system, and were able to detect movements to about three feet through the wall. At present the scientists are only able to detect movements, and are not yet able to generate images, but they are sure this will be possible in the future. They are equally confident they will be able to improve accuracy, even with fewer nodes. They also say that adding GPS to each node would enable it to work out its own location, and this should improve the imaging process.The researchers expect the system to find application in search and rescue operations, such as finding people trapped under collapsed buildings after earthquakes. The scientists envisage emergency workers using Wi-Fi radio technologies to install a network of sensors around an emergency area to detect the presence of survivors and bodies.According to Wilson and Patwari, the radio sensors could be deployed around a disaster site by the emergency workers, either by dropping them or throwing or launching them in some way. Each sensor would then form part of a network and begin to transmit information about signal strength measurements across the web of sensors to a base station computer. The computer would correlate the information and determine the likely locations of survivors.The advantage of this technique over existing systems capable of sensing what is on the other side of a wall is the price, since the nodes in the network are cheap and off-the shelf. The disadvantage of a cheap and simple system is its potential use as a spy tool by nosy neighbors, peeping toms or burglars, and all the privacy and safety issues such uses raise. Citation: Wi-Fi signals can see through walls (2009, October 5) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2009-10-wi-fi-walls.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.