Reminder The Burn Closure Is Still In Effect

first_imgFire Crews are responding to unauthorized burns in our service area, and have issued a reminder that the burn closure still remains in effect. Original Post: All burning, including campfires and the use of charcoal grills, is prohibited, including campfires in established fire pits or rings in designated campgrounds. Devices that can be turned on and off — such as gas and pellet grills and backpacking or camp stoves that use fuel or compressed fuel canisters — are still allowed, though users are urged to be cautious with them as well. Additionally, available Alaska Division of Forestry resources are limited due to the Swan Lake Fire. So, the DOF reminds Kenai residents to remain vigilant and report any open burning. Although there was a slight amount of rain overnight (0.20 in) and the temperatures are cooler, we still have the significant potential for extreme fire behavior.center_img Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Updated 9/4/19: Burn Closure Lifted For Kenai Peninsula. An emergency burn closure issued two weeks ago on state, private and municipal lands in the Kenai Peninsula is being rescinded effective at 8 a.m. Wednesday September 4th. Click here to read the story. Howie Kent with the Kenai/Kodiak Division of Forestry: “This is a plea from the Alaska Division of Forestry to the public to please adhere to the burn closure. Our firefighters have their hands full working to suppress and contain devastating wildfires in both the Mat-Su Valley and Kenai Peninsula. Any new fires will make that job even tougher and could put the public and firefighters at risk.” The burn closure will remain in effect until conditions moderate in the form significant rainfall.last_img read more

ATT makes it harder for spam callers to reach you

first_img AT&T 5G network has some of the fastest speeds we’ve… 7 13 Photos Now playing: Watch this: Samsung, LG, Motorola: How soon can we expect 5G phones? Tags Share your voicecenter_img AT&T FCC Comments 9:40 Mobile Save me from robocalls, please. Angela Lang/CNET AT&T is now making its Call Protect fraud caller blocking service a default for its new mobile customers.If you’re an existing customer, don’t worry: The company says it’ll make this feature the default for you, too, in the coming months.AT&T said Tuesday it was able to make this change thanks to a ruling by the Federal Communications Commission last month that lets US carriers “aggressively block” unwanted robocalls, allowing them to turn on blocking features by default instead of as an opt-in service.This work comes amid growing a uproar from the federal government and customers over spam calls. The FCC has said that frustration has made robocalls the No. 1 complaint it receives from consumers, amounting to hundreds of thousands of grievances filed every year. The number of unwanted robocalls skyrocketed 46% from 2017 to 2018, according to caller ID service Hiya.For any existing AT&T customers interested in using Call Protect now, you can download the service as an app or turn it on through your MyAT&T account. The company has already rolled out a suspected spam caller alert for existing customers, too, and says it plans to add more tools to fight robocalls in the coming months.last_img read more

Amitabh Bachchan asking Shah Rukh Khan for bonus for Badla is basically

first_imgAmitabh Bachchan in Badla.TwitterBollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan has continued his playful rant on Twitter with superstar Shah Rukh Khan. After demanding acknowledgement for the “silent success of Badla” and a party for the film, Amitabh Bachchan has now asked SRK for a bonus! he also took a dig at Shah Rukh, calling him ‘Raja Dhiraaj’ (his nickname King Khan).Amitabh Bachchan in his fluent Hindi said on Twitter, “मान्यवर , राजा धीरज ( KING KHAN ) ,,, सुनने में आया है की “बदला” फ़िल्म आपके फ़िल्मी career की , सबसे बड़ी hit फ़िल्म है ; । तो भाई साहेब , company में जब सफलता मिलती है, या जब कोई अच्छा काम करता है , तो तोहफ़े के रूप में उसे इनाम दिया जाता है । तो लायिए , हमारा bonus “.The English translation of what Amitabh Bachchan has said could read, “Respected King Khan, we have heard that Badla is the biggest film of your career. So Brother, when your company makes profits, when someone does good work, he is rewarded. So, where is my bonus?”Isn’t this how each one of us would like to talk to our boss or the human resource professional in office during appraisals or a special performance? So, Amitabh Bachchan asking Shah Rukh Khan for a bonus for Badla is basically every employee!Badla is a film produced by Shah Rukh Khan’s production company Red Chillies Entertainment and directed by Sujoy Ghosh. Starring Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu and Amrita Singh, it is the official remake of the Spanish film The Invisible Guest. Badla released in India on March 8, 2019. Made on a budget of Rs 10 crore only, Badla has managed to collect over Rs 100 crore at the worldwide box office.Ramesh Bala, a consultant and entertainment industry tracker, tweeted the latest Badla box office figures on April 12, saying, “BADLA stays strong! Week 5 – Fri – ₹30 lacs, Sat – ₹55 Lacs, Sun – ₹72 Lacs, Mon – ₹20 lacs, Tue – ₹20 lacs, Wed – ₹20 lacs, Thus – ₹20 lacs, Total – ₹2.37 Cr. Week 1 – ₹38 Cr Week 2 – ₹29.32 Cr Week 3 – ₹11.12 Cr Week 4 – ₹5.25 Cr Total – ₹86.06 Cr GBOC – ₹101.55 Cr.”Seeing these figures, one can say Amitabh Bachchan has rightfully demanded to be recognised for the success of Badla! Take a look at the conversation between the two legends on Twitter over the past few days.Amitabha Bachchan had demanded on April 9, “… about time someone started talking about this silent success .. !! because neither the Producer, nor the distributor, nor the on line Producer, or any else in the Industry, in general .. has even spent a nano second to compliment the success of this film #Badla .. thk u.”To which, SRK replied, “Sir hum toh wait kar rahein hain ki aap party kab de rahein hain hum sabko! We r waiting outside Jalsa every nite!” Big B straightaway hit out at SRK, saying, “”oye .. फ़िल्म में काम हमने kiya , produce आपने किया , promotions में निस्वार्थ योगदान humne diya , अब party भी हम दें !!!??? .. outside Jalsa every night koi nahin aata!!”Shah Rukh Khan said in jest, “Sir film aapki hai…acting aapki hai…Hit aapki wajah se hai…aap na hote toh film hi na hoti. Toh party…bhi??” To which, Amitabh Bachchan replied asking for a bonus for his performance!last_img read more

Clear Backpack Policy To Start At CypressFairbanks ISD

first_img Share www.cfisd.netA new “clear backpack” policy will begin at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD schools, this fall.According to the district website, district middle school and high school students will be required to have the clear backpacks.Elementary school students will be allowed to continue using traditional backpacks.The district says band and athletic bags are still allowed, but must be stored upon arrival at school.In a message to parents, Cy-Fair ISD Superintendent Mark Henry announced Thursday the move comes as a recommendation from the district safety and security committee.“In an effort to improve the safety measures currently in place, one of the decisions that came out of our meetings is to require all high school and middle school students to use clear backpacks beginning in the fall. Band and athletic bags, as well as drill and cheer team bags, will still be permitted,” said Henry.last_img read more

Facebook Watch Rolls Out Internationally

first_imgHits so far on Facebook Watch include “SKAM Austin,” the transmedia show about teenagers’ lives, based on a Norwegian original, and talk show “Red Table Talk,” with Jada Pinkett Smith and her family, which has gained 2.9 million followers since debuting May 7.Matthew Henick, Facebook’s head of content planning and strategy and media partnerships, said that, with the global rollout of Facebook Watch, the company was “excited to bring a new distribution platform to our partners around the world.”Taking Watch global would also create new opportunities for content creators as the service expanded its video Ad Breaks program to enable more partners to monetize their videos, the company said. The Ad Breaks service officially launches Thursday in the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, in addition to the U.S. It will launch in another 21 countries in September, including France, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Thailand. Facebook said the service would support both English-language content and content in various local languages. Further countries and language will be added in the coming months.The company said it had lowered the threshold for publishers and creators to be eligible to make money from their videos. Those creating three-minute videos that have 10,000 followers, generate more than 30,000 one-minute views within a two-month period, or meet Facebook’s monetization eligibility standards would qualify.Fidji Simo, Facebook’s head of video, said: “This is a really important moment for us. It’s been a year of real progress for Watch. Every month, more than 50 million people in the U.S. come to Watch, and the total time spent has increased 14 times since the start of 2018.” Simo said it had taken a year for the service to launch internationally as the company wanted to beta test in one market first. She also said Facebook wanted to expand its Ad Breaks service at the same time as the international launch, to ensure that partners had a way to monetize their content.Henick said the company would support “a wide range of video content from around the world,” including subtitling already-existing content on the platform. “In terms of broader strategy, we will look to fund shows with global appeal,” he said, adding that Facebook expected to work with a variety of producers on scripted programming, from traditional media producers like Endemol Shine to independent content creators.Facebook is expected to spend between $1 billion and $2 billion on content deals for Facebook Watch over the next year. According to a survey published earlier this month by Diffusion Group, 50% of U.S. adult Facebook users remain unaware of the free Watch service, while another 24% have heard of it but never used it. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety Facebook has announced the international rollout of Facebook Watch, its video destination for episodic content, which first launched in the U.S. a year ago this month. The social media giant said Wednesday that the VOD service would be “available everywhere” from Thursday, giving publishers and content creators a worldwide market for their videos.“With the global launch of Watch, we are supporting publishers and creators globally in two critical areas: helping them to make money from their videos on Facebook and better understand how their content is performing,” the company said in a statement.Watch launched in the U.S. in August 2017 with the goal of offering users a place on Facebook to discover shows and video creators and to start conversations with friends, other fans and even the creators themselves. The company said that, since the launch, it had made the experience more social, including making it easier to see which videos friends have liked or shared, and creating shows with audience participation at their core. In June, Facebook said it would launch a slate of new shows boasting interactive features such as polls and quizzes to fulfill the platform’s goal of fostering a sense of community between creators and users.last_img read more

African communications technology specialist Bring

first_imgAfrican communications technology specialist BringCom has struck a deal with local partners in Djibouti to revitaise the Djibouti Teleport Facility.The partners have created a new company, Djibouti Teleport SARL, to manage the facility, which offers Ku- and C-band satellite capacity over Africa.Under the agreement, BringCom becomes the managing partner of Djibouti Teleport. In addition, the partners agreed to upgrade the Djibouti Teleport with new buildings, backup power, security hardware and an iDirect hub. Djibouti Teleport will also provide international connectivity through five large-capacity undersea cable systems connected to the facility.Djibouti Teleport currently provides Apstar 7 Ku-band connectivity with a 7.3-metre antenna and C-band connectivity with a 16-metre antenna. Both antennas have been refurbished and upgraded with new electronics, according to BringCom.last_img read more

An iPlay digital platform which would see the B

first_imgAn ‘iPlay’ digital platform, which would see the BBC and outside partners establish an online platform for kids, could boost investment in the declining UK kids production sector, according to new research.The Communications and Media Research Institute’s ‘Policy Solutions and International Perspectives on the Funding of Public Service Media Content for Children’ report examines in detail funding for public service children’s content.As part of the study, it covers the BBC’s mooted iPlay service, which would see the UK pubcaster cooperate with unnamed partners on a platform that would provide digital content for kids.“As an on-demand portal it could become a catalyst for investment in high quality distinctive content that goes beyond television, allowing children to discover high quality curated material from different content providers in a safe trusted online space,” the report said.Given the requirement that any content be free at the point of delivery, how any digital service would be promoted and curated, and which partners will come into play are key questions. In principle, however, an iPlay service could be an important test bed for digital content, the report found.“Just as CBeebies and CBBC were important public service additions to multichannel offerings in 2002, the BBC’s proposal for iPlay, could serve as an advertising free space to test the crossover between TV, games and other digital content,” it said.The UK-originated kids TV production sector has suffered after the 2003 removal of quotas and the 2006 junk food advertising ban on the commercial nets. Reaffirming the findings of several industry groups, the report noted a 95% decrease in first run UK-originated kids fare between 2003 and 2014.“The production of children’s television content in the UK has declined inexorably over the last decade.”last_img read more